CLIMATE TALK #8: GOOD Economics in a Destabilized Climate
Overcoming climate degradation through localized generative economics
Villanova University, Falvey Memorial Library
Nov. 26, 2012
The ClimateTalks.info roundtable and lecture series, at Villanova University, continued on Nov. 26, 2012, with an event focusing on GOOD Economics in a Destabilized Climate. (This event—originally scheduled for Nov. 1—had been postponed, due to the region-wide impact of Superstorm Sandy.)
Dr. Maghan Keita, PhD, director of Villanova’s Institute for Global and Interdisciplinary Studies, will be giving a talk on Reconstituting the Common Good.
Harriet Shugarman, also known as the “Climate Mama” and a trained Climate Reality presenter, will discuss the nature of the climate crisis and how it affects her, as a mother and a citizen.
This ClimateTalks roundtable can be viewed at: http://bit.ly/vugoodecon
(you may need the SilverLight browser plug-in to view the full MediaSite webcast video—it is a safe, free download from Microsoft, and your browser should prompt you to download if needed).
Follow on Facebook & Twitter:
- You can follow news and spread the word about the event here, or on the Facebook event page: bit.ly/goodecontalk
- Join our discussion on Twitter; post your questions or comments to @GreenNOVAnews + #GoodEconTalk
- Villanova College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Villanova Center for Peace & Justice Education
- Villanova Institute for Global & Interdisciplinary Studies
- Villanova’s Falvey Memorial Library
- Villanova Department of Philosophy
- Villanova Cultural Studies Program